Back to Home
An Apple A Day
- Develop reading and writing skills
- Poetry Appreciation
- Showcase student work on the World Wide Web
- Learn about the autumn season
Recommended For Students:
Age 6-7 (Second Graders)
Second graders will write original poems about apples following an assigned format. Every child in the class will have his work published. In addition to the poetry each class is invited to submit one student illustration. The illustration may be sent electronically or by snailmail. The class URL or e-mail address will be posted on the page.
All materials are due by October 3, 1997. The site will be up around October 13 and will remain posted for the entire school year.
Number of Participants:
There will be a separate page for twenty-five participating second grade classes.
- Teachers are encouraged to share their favorite apple lesson plans.
- Children will be able to find second grade key pals or trade travel buddies.
- Participants can add their favorite books to an apple bibliography.
- Teachers and students are invited to submit apple related websites to the group.
- Children may try to write apple poems using some of the different formats in this site and put them in their own poetry books or on other sites.
- Participants might enjoy trading apple recipes that can be made in class or at home.
- Everybody is welcome to add his or her ideas to this list!
Clinton Avenue Elementary School
Port Jefferson Station
New York, 11776
How to register:
Please provide the following information
Your full name
- Your e-mail address and URL
- Your school
- School address
- School phone number