|We're back! Only this time, we're here to celebrate the
Into Autumn is a a collaborative
for students in grades K-3. It's an opportunity for educators
to share some of their best practices with online colleagues and for
students to have their class work showcased on the World Wide Web.
The focus of Fall Into Autumn is on how educational software can be used to enrich a unit of study and promote student learning. Participants are invited to send us samples of student generated work which they created with educational software. We are not promoting any software product and hope to see many examples. Here are some activity suggestions and information about participating in this project.
1. Read an book about autumn and create a graphic organizer with visual learning software.
2. Create a timeline on the life of a an animal and how it prepare for winter with educational software.
3. Visit an apple orchard or farm stand and graph different apples, pumpkins, etc. with a graphing software product.
4. Create an illustration with a graphic software.
5. Write poetry, stories, book reviews, character interviews, etc. with a word processor.
Project Timeline: Materials need to be e-mailed to us by November 15, 2004 for publication. Work will be posted by November 30, 2004 and will remain online to be used as a resource.
Materials: We will accept a maximum of 7 computer generated graphics per class. We will not be using scanned images for this project. We will not be posting scanned images, Power Point presentations, or videos.
Project Summary: Send us a short summary of your unit of study. Let us know what education software you used. This way, other people will be able to replicate your project.
Learning Standards: Identify either state, national or National Educational Technology Standards (NETS) that your activity supports. This information is one way to validate your participation in a global project.
Please send the following information to Susan and Pattie
Your Project Coordinators