Linda and Susan are hoping that you enjoy our Earth Day project! Beautiful Spring, Beautiful Earth is a collaborative Internet project for students in grades K-4. It's an opportunity for educators to share some of their best practices with colleagues and for students to have their class work showcased on the World Wide Web.
1. Read an book about the earth or Earth Day and create a graphic organizer with visual learning software.
2. Create a timeline on the lifecycle of a plant with educational software.
3. Create an Earth Day poster for display in the school.
4. Create a graph, with a graphing software product, related to recycling. For example, students may wish to bring in different items to recycle and graph their recycling efforts. Or, they may take a survey regarding the recycling activities/efforts of their classmates, schoolmates, school personnel.
5. Create an illustration with a graphic software. Use this illustration to participate in the Earth Day Groceries project.
6. Write poetry, stories, book reviews, character interviews, etc. with a word processor.
7. Invite students to use a digital camera to take pictures of trees, flowers, etc. Create a watermark of the photo and use it as stationery for children to write stories and poems.
the beginning, middle and end of your selected book with a software
Project Timeline: Materials need to be e-mailed to us by April 30, 2005 for publication. Work will be posted by May 15, 2005 and will remain online to be used as a resource.
Materials: We will accept a maximum of 7 computer generated graphics per class. We will not be using scanned images for this project. We will not be posting scanned images, Power Point presentations, or videos.
Project Summary: Send us a short summary of your unit of study. Let us know what education software you used. This way, other people will be able to replicate your project.
Learning Standards: Identify either state, national or National Educational Technology Standards (NETS) that your activity supports. This information is one way to validate your participation in a global project.
Information: Please send the following information to Susan