Back to Home
- Literature Appreciation
- Develop Language Skills
- Showcase student work on the World Wide Web
- Foster creativity and imagination
- Develop higher level of thinking skills
Recommended For Students:
Every participating class will be assigned a book with a winter theme. Teachers are welcome to choose a winter book that is not on the list. Students will do some of the listed activities and have their work published on a website. Each class is invited to submit one illustration or photograph. This may be sent electronically or by snail mail. The class URL or e-mail address will be posted on the page.
All materials are due by January 31, 1998. The site will be up around March 1 and will remain posted for the entire school year.
Number of Participants:
There will be a separate page for twenty-five participating classes. Only one class per school may participate in this project.
- Author Study- Research the author and write a report. Include a bibliography and/or URL.
- Write a book review.
- Create a new ending for the story.
- Interview some of the characters in the book.
- Rewrite the story as a play.
- Write a poem about the book or a character in it.
- Create a diorama. It may be photographed and submitted for the website.
- Make a group mural of the story and photograph it.
- Create a Venn Diagram.
- Photograph a puppet show or illustrate it.
- Write a paragraph about your favorite or least favorite book character.
- Feel free to add to this list.
Clinton Avenue Elementary School
Port Jefferson Station
New York, 11776
How to register:
Please provide the following information
Your full name
- Your e-mail address and URL
- Your school
- School address
- School phone number